Friday, September 24, 2010

Block 1 of my Swirling Roses quilt....a new block of the month project

I have started working on a couple of quilts, they are called "Swirling Roses" I am doing one in purple for myself, and a cream one in Dupion silk as a gift.  I have so far completed block 1, and I am probably a little over halfway with finishing blocks 2 and 3.  The blocks are all embroidered, and is teaching lots of embroidery techniques along the way.  I have already learnt so much about stabilisers and positioning, so by the time they are all finished, I should be pretty advanced with my embroidery skills on my machine.  Here is block 1:



I am doing the purple one in greens, purples and pinks, and the cream one in lilac, purple, pink, burgundy and olive greens.  It is amazing how different 2 identical blocks can look in different colours.

No comments:

Post a Comment